Wednesday, October 10, 2007

pictures: moving and otherwise

recently i took myself to the movies and watched forbidden lie$. if you haven't heard about the film yet, it's a documentary based on the release of norma khouri's novel forbidden love, and her subsequent outing as a bit of a psycho. hailed at the time as one of the biggest literary hoaxes in australia (if not the world), the doco gives a thrilling - at times infuriating - insight into the mind of a conwoman. it was very frustrating to sit there and listen to her try and justify herself when it was becoming more and more obvious that she was just making things up to try and justify things she'd made up earlier. all in all, norma khouri comes across as a very confused, highly intelligent, and very disturbed woman. either way, i wouldn't want to meet her ever. anyway, i had a choc-chilli choctop, so that helped calm my nerves somewhat.

i have also traded my phone in for a blackberry pearl recently and i must admit i have quite fallen for my new bit of gadgetry (i wear my 'queen of the dorks' badge with pride, thanks for asking). following are some piccies i took on the way to and from work recently:

succulent i planted in our garden obviously feels at home:

the walk to the bus stop used to be lined with cherry blossoms, now it's red-filtered sunshine:

hedge near the bus stop reminds me of primary school in sydney:

accidental shot while waiting for the train - i shall call it 'waiting':

green and gold - shrub and paint puddle at the vca buildings in sth melbourne.

oh - did becca's monologue at the end of this week's ep of californication have anyone else on the brink of bawling?

4 comments:

Lilli boo said...

All good pictures BUT I love 'waiting'that's poster material. Or a cover for an album(type of music I am only guessing!)...Now don't think me heartless but I didn't feel like bawling after 'Becca's' in monolouge in Californication I just thought she is a gorgeously profound little teenager and I like her alot! (how the fuck do you spell monolouge??)

Anonymous said...

what is a blackberry pearl????? do I need to know?
I like the waiting pic too. tc

shalini akhil said...

loving that you love the 'waiting' pic, even more so because it wasn't taken on purpose. i am obviously an accidental photographer.
lil: i think you spell monologue like that. and no, not heartless, just more realistic than me p'raps - i think it was the little wobble in duchovny's lip at the end that got me going. becca is a great kid though, isn't she? as for young gracie, however, there's one that needs a kick up the arse...
tc: are you who i think you are? if so, where the hell have you been?? if not, sincere apologies, you don't need to answer that question. the blackberry pearl is a mobile phone that has a tracking-ball on it, hence the 'pearl'. it has wireless, thus allowing the user to send and receive emails, update their facebook status - nerd it up on the go in other words - and have a heart attack when they get their first bill. will report back on receipt of said bill. for the moment, i am hoping that when optus says 'cap', they're not referring to headgear.

OvaGirl said...

Oooh, see I've missed the californication thing, caught a couple of early eps and now way too far behind...will need to do the dvd thing (along with all the other great shows i miss these days)...yes the pics are great and nifty with the gadgetry... I'm going backwards with my understanding of high tech gadgets. My latest phone is so inaccessible (to me) I haven't even bothered to peel the plastic off the screen in a small protest at how complicated everything is. Bring back the tin cans held together with a match and a string I say...oh wait, hang on...a bit further forward than that...

hope the writing's going well shalini...