Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Where did January go?

Hello there - yes I know it's been a while since we've chatted. Is this year already zipping by, or what? January gone, February not long for this world... well, at least for me, in a way. This week is my last 'normal' week in February, as I am off to Varuna, The Writers' House for the last 2 weeks of the month. I'm looking forward to spending a fortnight with my work-in-progress, and not much else. The weather forecast tells me that there's going to be a lot of rain. What more could a girl ask for?

This will be my first writer's retreat. I will use the time to work on my second novel, which is of the YA genre, set in Melbourne. Four other writers will also be at the writers house at the same time; we'll all be locked away with their own work during daylight hours, and will come together over dinner every night. There is no internet, no TV, and I'm going to try and keep phonecalls to the minimum. This should be an interesting experience.

Anyway, I'll be back in March, and will fill you all in on my experiences. Till then, have a great February!

5 comments:

Lilli boo said...

so enjoy this experience...I'm hoping it will be wonderfully productive and inspiring for you! Look forward to catching up in March :) (By the way I just randomally was flickign through blogs and wondered if you had updated..glad I caught your post!)

Craig D. Ising Esq said...

So, it's March already.

You gonna fill us in or what?

And before you protest you know if I don't hassle you it'll be August before you post again.

;)

xxx

Unknown said...

I think you should get facebook Shalini. You fan base is probably quite huge. I for one am a huge fan after reading The Bollywood Beauty. Loved it :)

Rachel said...

It is a very good idea to go away and stay away of all the communication systems (internet, cellphone, tv) that get us out of focus. I once felt like I wanted to be away from everybody so I travelled to Argentina. I stayed in a hotel in palermo which was perfect for people travelling alone and they had rooms with or without communication devices for the guest to choose. Anyway, it was great because I came back as a new and fresh person!
Rachel

Craig D. Ising Esq said...

I had a good February.
March was okay, too.
April was good - there was a birthday in there somewhere.
May - meh.
June, good. Great actually. Went to the opera in London for my birthday.
July? Well July is nearly over - AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T UPDATED YOUR BLOG!

xxx