Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the writer! she speaks!

i'm here, i'm here, just been doing a lot of thinking lately. so, now we've gotten that out of the way...

tomorrow i'm doing my first school gig ever. i am doing a lunch-time talk at a girls school in the city, and i'm looking forward to it. i'm going to read them some old blog posts to give a little insight into what it was like to be a newly-published author. hopefully they enjoy that. i'm also going to read them my first published work, a piece of short fiction that was published the year before my novel came out, and has since become my most-published piece of work. it's also the one closest to my heart, a piece called 'destiny', about a child (me) wanting to grow up to be wonder woman. i think that might strike a few chords in the audience, no matter how little or many girls turn up to hear me. after all, it is their lunch break... though the weather may work in my favour for once.

will update you on how the talk went in a few days! see ya.

3 comments:

Lilli boo said...

Oi, How did you go with teh reading???? So sorry I didn't make your birthday celebrations...jesus at the rate I'm going I'll have to plan for your 40th...as we know is a looong time away :-)...

BronB said...

I am so thrilled to read your blog as you prepared to visit the school and to know (afterwards) how thrilled they were with you.
Congratulations!!! & well done!!!

Amanda said...

Hi Shalini,

I loved The Bollywood Beauty and I've given you a review on my blog.

If you'd like to read it, it's here:

http://desertbookchick.com/?p=313